The Watkins Glen International public relations staff works to provide information about the facility and events, along with access to personalities, drivers, and management in a timely manner for members of the media. Listed below are our 2019 media policies so that you can re-familiarize yourselves with our procedures and guidelines as you cover The Glen this season. Thank you for your continued coverage and we look forward to working with you!
- Mike Gardner, Public Relations Manager - 607.535.3307 - firstname.lastname@example.org
CREDENTIAL REQUESTS AND MEDIA SERVICES
- All credential requests must be submitted by the media outlet's editor, sports editor, sports director, or sports producer, and should include everyone from the outlet that requires access to the event. Submission of an application does not guarantee credentials will be issued.
- Media credentials will be issued only to accredited newspapers, publications, news services, and internet sites that offer dedicated and consistent coverage of events for which credentials are being requested, as well as local, regional, and national television and radio networks.
- Freelance journalists and photographers must be on specific assignment, as noted on the application form submitted by the media outlet's assigning authority.
- Working media credentials will not be issued to non-working employees of an outlet, including, but not limited to, individuals working in a media outlet's marketing, promotions, sales, advertising, public relations, etc. departments.
- All applications will be carefully screened. Watkins Glen International reserves the right to approve or deny credential requests, as well as the number of credentials and access issued.
- HARD CARD HOLDERS: Simply e-mail email@example.com to receive your access stickers and parking passes.
TRACK RENTAL PHOTOGRAPHERS/MEDIA: Please e-mail Mike Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to your event.
Accredited members of the media who would like to receive Watkins glen International news releases via e-mail should contact a member of the public relations staff with an e-mail address.
Media who would like to receive updates on breaking news via Twitter can follow the team's media Twitter feed at twitter.com/WGIPR. The track also maintains a general Twitter feed at twitter.com/WGI.
NASCAR MEDIA SITE
NASCAR's password-protected media site includes statistics, press releases, schedules, race notes, contacts and more. To access the site, visit http://www.nascarmedia.com.